The Payette National Forest is now using GovDelivery to send out Fire Updates. If you are already on one of our mailing list you will now see emails coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not already on our list you can sign up to receive these update throughGovDelivery.
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions went into effect on the Payette National Forest on August 21, 2015. The following acts are prohibited: igniting, building, maintaining, attending or using a fire outside a fire structure that is provided by the Forest Service within a designated area, and smoking outside an enclosed vehicle or building. Fire restrictions and maps are posted to Facebook.
After last night’s IR flight, the Campbells Fire is now reported to be 5,630 acres. It is burning in Trout Creek, Moore Creek, Ruff Creek, and Fall Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. The fire now includes Burnt Knob and is showing the most growth in upper Trout Creek and onto Highline Ridge. Crews are providing protection for the bridge at Campbell’s Ferry as well as the Jim Moore place, and have installed pumps and hose lay around Lemhi Bar. The Chena Hotshot crew is working on assessing and prepping China Bar, Gaines Bar and the Whitewater Ranch. Firefighters will also be setting up for structure protection at Chamberline and Stonebreaker Ranch. A Forest Closure Order has been issued (see Facebook or inciweb for map and Closure Order). Boat traffic on the Salmon River is unaffected by this Closure. However, we are encouraging boaters to camp up or down stream of Campbell’s Ferry. This fire is being managed a Local Type 3 Incident Management Team. Additional information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4521/)
Tepee Springs Fire information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4506/)
The Rapid Fire information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4522/)
Fires within the wilderness are being monitored by lookouts and aircraft.
Status update by fire is provided below for each district. Fires that are declared out from previous updates are no longer listed.
Weiser Ranger District: None
Council Ranger District: None
New Meadows Ranger District:
- Tepee Springs: (25,869 ac) Located in the area of Tepee Springs and Hazard Creek area, 20 miles south of Riggins on the east side of Highway 95, 22 miles northwest of McCall and north of Goose Lake. Evacuations, pre-evacuation notifications, and Forest Closures are in effect. This fire is being managed by a Regional Incident Management Team (DeMasters Type 2 Team).
- Rapid: (4,854 ac) Located south of Rapid Peak and east of the Rapid Creek Drainage. Forest Closure Order in effect. This fire is being managed by a Regional Incident Management Team (Dunfords Type 2 Team).
- Loon Creek: (1 ac) Located south of Loon Mountain, fire is burning in light fuels with a low potential to spread. Fire is being monitored.
- Porphyry: (.10 ac) Located west of Porphyry Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. No smoke showing at this time. Fire is being monitored.
- Campbells Fire: (5,630 ac) Burning in Trout Creek, Moore Creek, Ruff Creek, and Fall Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness near Campbell’s Ferry on the Salmon River. Forest Closure Order in effect. This fire is being managed by a Local Fire Management Team (Cline Type 3 Team).
- Crescent Fire: (This fire was previously listed as Vines Fire) (10 ac) Located 6 miles east/northeast of Cabin Creek Guard Station in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Fire is being monitored.
- Mosquito: (.25 to 0.50 ac) Located on the east side of Mosquito Ridge in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. No smoke showing at this time. Fire is being monitored.
- Dillinger: (3,604 ac) Located 3 miles east of Dillinger Meadows in the Frank Church of No Return Wilderness. This fire has seen significant growth in the past couple of days.