The Palisades Ranger District will once again be applying for a number of grants thru the State of Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation. These include requests from Recreational Trails Program, Off-Road Motor Vehicle Fund, Recreational Vehicle Account, Waterways Improvement Fund, and the Motorbike Recreation account. Grant requests are as follows:
The Recreational Trails Program (RTP):
- Trail maintenance of the Palisades Ranger District trail system focused on correcting problems and safety hazards identified by Adopt-a-Trail volunteers.
- Lake Canyon Trail (FS#206), reroute and relocate approximately ½ mile of trail to improve grade, drainage and reduce trail hazards.
- Caribou Subsection Trail Sign Project to replace old dilapidated wooden signs and missing signs with new high impact polycarb signs.
- Patterson Creek Trail Bridge, this project includes purchasing and installing a 20’ wooden trail bridge to replace the current natural ford across the creek.
- Willow Springs/Beaver Creek Bridge, this project includes purchasing and installing a 45’ trail bridge.
- Red Ridge Trail (FS#264), this project includes rerouting approximately ½ mile of trail and groom and rehab the remaining 11 miles of tread.
- Calamity Campground Revision, this grant request includes rerouting the roads through the campground that have to be changed due to the relocation of Forest Service Road 076 due to the closure of the access across Palisades Dam.
- Riverside Campground Revision, this project includes re-routing the road accessing the new bridge below Palisades Dam which provides the new access to Forest Service Road 076 due to the closure of the access across the dam, and building new campsites lost due to the road reroute.
- Spring Creek Boat Ramp Resurfacing, this project would resurface the parking lot of the Spring Creek Boat Ramp to improve access as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.