William O Douglas?
Do you love crosscut saws?
The Pacific Crest Trail Association is looking for volunteers to help clear and maintain the PCT in this area.
Here is an opportunity for qualified participants to earn Crosscut Saw Certification or Re-certification.
This saw training and operation is possible thanks to safety and operation agreements with the US Forest Service.
- Saturday, May 11, 2013: First Aid and CPR
- Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30, 2013: Crosscut Saw Training and Certification (first-time certifications are 2-day classes; re-certifications take 1 day)
White Pass, WA
Is there a cost?
These trainings are free to PCT volunteers.
What qualifications are needed?
- Prior saw experience and/or,
- Attendance at course 103, Saw Crew Training, at a PCTA Trail Skills College and/or,
- Recommendations from PCTA or partnering organizations or agencies.
Please note: Space is very limited. Applying to the saw training does not guarantee admission into the program. Applicants will be notified of their status after all applications have been reviewed. Also, admission into the course does not guarantee certification. Certification cards will only be issued to those who exhibit proficiency, safety and leadership using the saw. The PCTA saw program only certifies sawyers for bucking operations.
Do I need First Aid and CPR?
Yes. Saw certification is only valid along with current certifications in First Aid and CPR. If you aren't taking our May 11 course because you obtained these certifications elsewhere, you will be asked to submit copies before the saw course.
If I'm not taking the saw training, can I still apply for the First Aid and CPR class on May 11?
Yes but first preference will be given to those registered for the saw training on June 29-30. Next preference will be given to current PCTA volunteers and members.
How to apply? - Application Deadline Extended!!
- Click here to review the PCTA saw training information and policies.
- Submit an online application by Monday, May 6 to be considered in the first round of applications. The application period will close when all spots are filled.