Salmon River Ranger District –
The Sheep Fire, located seven miles north of Riggins, is 23,861 acres and 24% contained. A large area closure is in place for the fire. Turman’s Northern Rockies Type 1 Incident Management Team is managing the fire.
For additional information on changing conditions please call one of the Sheep Fire Information Lines at 1-877-608-4027 or 1-877-599-7716.
For current information on the Sheep Fire please see the fact sheet at: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3240/
Red River Ranger District –
The McGuire Fire Complex is 26,502 acres, with 2% contained. Stage 2 Evacuation Warnings are in place for the Red River and Mallard Creek/Cook Ranch areas; Stage 3 evacuation orders remain in place for residents of Orogrande and Dixie/Comstock. The California Interagency IMT 5 is managing the fire.
For current information on this complex of fires please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3219/
The Porcupine Fire Complex is burning actively and is estimated around 26,396 acres. No change is being reported due to heavy smoke conditions preventing acreage update. Magruder Road (FR468) will be closed today 12 noon until 5 pm from Granite Springs Camp Ground east to Observation Point. For current status on the Nez Perce Forest side of the road, please call the Red River Ranger District at (208) 842-2245. For current status on the Bitterroot Forest side of the road, please call the West Fork Ranger District at (406) 821-3269.
Powell Ranger District –
The Powell SBW Fire Complex is shown at 44,928 acres and 0% contained. The Rodney Weeks’ Type 3 (local) Team is managing the fire.
For current information on this complex of fires please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3226/
North Fork Ranger District –
· Skull Creek Fire – estimated at 400+ acres; fire is in control status. The Lost Ridge Trail 283 is closed from the junction of Skull Creek Road 252 to the junction of Trail 233.
· Isabella Complex Fire (Jug, Wash and Crimper) – estimated total 100 acres – Isabella Creek Trail 95 is closed from the junction of Road 705 to the junction of Trail 399.
Lochsa Ranger District –
The Andy Fire is 5 acres with potential to spread. It is in point protection status and is located 1.8 miles from Coolwater Lookout. No new starts were reported.
Moose Creek Ranger District –
· Ditch/Goat Fire – 11,306 acres. Crews continue to ‘encourage’ it toward Running Creek Ranch using burnout operation
· Square Rock Fire -- 3,872 acres, increase of 157 acres
· Moose Ridge Fire -- 855 acres, increase of 47 acres
· Vista Fire -- 5740 acres, decrease due to West Trout Fire now being classified separately.
· West Trout Fire – 1228 acres, increase of 468 acres; West Trout Fire is burning toward Moose Creek RD from the north; Trail 421 remains closed at the East Moose area.
· Trout Peak Fire -- 225 acres, increase of 52 acres
· Pettibone Fire – 11,285acres, increase of 392 acres; fire continues to move into Selway corridor at Bear Creek and Pettibone Creek; Crews are manning pumps at both bridges.
· Blacktail Fire -- 688 acres, increase of 3 acres
· Three Links Fire -- 2,217 acres, increase of 108 acres
· Ballinger Fire -- 27 acres, no change
· Shasta Lake Fire -- 398 acres, increase of 53 acres
· Bell Point Fire – 664acres; managed by the Powell SBW Complex IMT.
For additional info on the Ditch, Vista and Pettibone fires, see http://inciweb.org/.
A summary of Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and current closures for the Clear/Nez Fire Zone can be found under Public Notices at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nezperce/alerts-notices.
For current Idaho Wildfire Smoke Information please visit:
All Clear/Nez Fire Zone Updates are posted under Recent News at: