Salmon River Ranger District –
The Sheep Fire, located seven miles north of Riggins, is presently 24,761 acres with 24% containment. A large area closure is in place for the fire. Turman’s Northern Rockies Type 1 IMT is managing the fire.
For additional information on changing conditions please call one of the Sheep Fire Information Lines at 1-877-608-4027 or 1-877-599-7716.
For current information on the Sheep Fire please see the fact sheet at: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3240/
Red River Ranger District –
The McGuire Fire Complex is presently 30,575 acres, with 2% containment. The Stage 2 Evacuation orders were increased during the day yesterday to Stage 3 for Mallard Creek/Cook Ranch areas due to active fire behavior, while the Stage 2 Evacuation orders remain in place for the Red River area. Stage 3 Evacuation orders remain in place for residents of Orogrande and Dixie/Comstock, and the Stage 1 Evacuation orders remain for the Elk City and Concord areas. The California Interagency IMT 5 is managing the fire.
For current information on this complex of fires please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3219/
The Porcupine Fire Complex is estimated to be 23,867 acres. The change in acreage is due to better mapping overnight. Magruder Road (FR468) will open today from 10 am until 12 noon. For current status on the Nez Perce Forest side of the road, please call the Red River Ranger District at (208) 842-2245. For current status on the Bitterroot Forest side of the road, please call the West Fork Ranger District at (406) 821-3269.
Powell Ranger District –
The Powell SBW Fire Complex is shown at 46,021 acres and 0% contained. The Rodney Weeks’ Type 3 (local) Team is managing the fire.
For current information on this complex of fires please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3226/
The Weasel Fire Complex, northwest (and north of Highway 12) of the Powell Ranger Station, is reporting approximately 500 acres.
North Fork Ranger District –
· Skull Creek Fire – estimated at 400+ acres; fire is in control status. The Lost Ridge Trail 283 is closed from the junction of Skull Creek Road 252 to the junction of Trail 233.
· Isabella Complex Fire (Jug, Wash and Crimper) – estimated total 100 acres – Isabella Creek Trail 95 is closed from the junction of Road 705 to the junction of Trail 399.
· Elisabeth Fire is estimated at 40-50 acres.
Lochsa Ranger District – no new fires were reported; the following is for fires in the area:
· The Andy Fire is 5 acres and has been reported at this acreage for the last 2 days. It is located 1.8 miles from Coolwater Lookout.
· The Cliff Fire is reporting at 40 acres with slow growth.
Moose Creek Ranger District – no new fires were reported; the following is information for fires in the area:
· Ditch/Goat Fire – 11,306 acres. Crews continue to ‘encourage’ it toward Running Creek Ranch using burnout operation
· Square Rock Fire -- 3,872 acres, increase of 157 acres
· Moose Ridge Fire -- 855 acres, increase of 47 acres
· Vista Fire -- 5740 acres, decrease due to West Trout Fire now being classified separately.
· West Trout Fire – 1228 acres, increase of 468 acres; West Trout Fire is burning toward Moose Creek RD from the north; Trail 421 remains closed at the East Moose area.
· Trout Peak Fire -- 225 acres, increase of 52 acres
· Pettibone Fire – 11,285acres, increase of 392 acres; fire continues to move into Selway corridor at Bear Creek and Pettibone Creek; Crews are manning pumps at both bridges.
· Blacktail Fire -- 688 acres, increase of 3 acres
· Three Links Fire -- 2,217 acres, increase of 108 acres
· Ballinger Fire -- 27 acres, no change
· Shasta Lake Fire -- 398 acres, increase of 53 acres
· Bell Point Fire – 664acres; managed by the Powell SBW Complex IMT.
For additional info on the Ditch, Vista and Pettibone fires, see http://inciweb.org/.
A summary of Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and current closures for the Clear/Nez Fire Zone can be found under Public Notices at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nezperce/alerts-notices.
For current Idaho Wildfire Smoke Information please visit:
All Clear/Nez Fire Zone Updates are posted under Recent News at: