In conjunction with the opening of Echo Ridge, there will be limited road closures to wheeled vehicles to provide for Nordic grooming activities and limited snowmobile access beginning Friday, December 14th. The following roads are included:
1. Washington Creek Road (FS #8021)– for grooming of Nordic trails
2. Purtteman Gulch Road (FS #8010)– for grooming of Nordic trails
3. Cooper Mountain Road (FS # 8020) from intersection with Black Canyon Road to the intersection of Safety Harbor Creek Road (FS # 8200-155) – for higher elevation snowmobile access to Cooper Ridge. The Cooper Ridge Road can only be accessed via snowmobile from the Black Canyon and South Fork of Gold Creek Snow Parks.
All trailheads in the Echo Ridge Nordic Ski Area will be plowed and open for parking Come cross country ski or snowshoe the gentle rolling terrain and enjoy the scenic views from over twenty-five miles of winter trails. The Echo Ridge Nordic Ski Area is located about twelve miles outside of the city of Chelan and is cooperative effort between the U.S. Forest Service and the Lake Chelan Nordic Ski Area.
Ski passes are required for both ski and snowshoe trail use at Echo Ridge. Day passes are available on-site for $10.00 per adult, with no charge for skiers or snow shoers age 17 and under. Season passes are available for $70.00 at the Chelan Ranger District office.
Check out the great events planned this winter season at Echo Ridge Nordic Ski Area:
· December 26th- Moonlight Ski sponsored by the Lake Chelan Nordic Ski Club http://www.lakechelannordic.org/
· January 12th- Lake Chelan Rotary Echo Loppet
· January 13th-Snow Shoe Run sponsored by Snow Dog Events. http://www.snowdogevents.com/index.php/default/winterfest-snowshoe-run-jan-13
· January 12th and 20th- Sno-ga put on by Yoga Chelan http://yogachelan.com/
For the most current grooming information check www.lakecheleannordic.org or contact the Chelan Ranger District at (509)682-4900. The Chelan Ranger District is located at 428 West Woodin Avenue in Chelan with office hours of 7:45AM to 4:30PM Monday thru Friday.