Prescott, AZ (December 16,2014) - The USDA Forest Service Southwestern Region announces an information meeting for vendors interested in providing resources to support wildfires and other emergency incidents. The meeting is scheduled January 7, 2015, from 1 to 4 p.m. MST via video teleconference at Forest Service offices throughout Arizona.
The meeting will discuss a variety of topics including the following:
· How to become a government vendor
· How to locate and respond to solicitations through the Virtual Incident Procurement(VIPR) system
· How to read and understand contract requirements for specific equipment
The Southwestern Region is seeking competitive quotations for the following resources for fiscalyear 2015:
· Miscellaneous Heavy Equipment (Feller Bunchers, Masticators, Road Graders,Skidders)
· Mobile Laundry Units
· Potable & Gray Water Trucks and Trailer-Mounted Handwashing Stations
Interested vendors can obtain copies of the solicitations at https://www.fbo.gov. Type VIPR into the keyword search box and press Search to obtain a list of VIPR solicitations from all over thecountry. Look for the ones from the Southwestern Region, Region 3.
Vendors can attend the meeting at the following Prescott National Forest office location:
Prescott Fire Center
2400 Melville Road
Prescott, AZ 86301
Contact: Barry Wallace (928) 777-5700
Other Forest Service office locations in Arizona that will be hosting the session are as follows:
· Apache-Sitgreaves NFs—Supervisor’s Office, 30 S. Chiricahua Drive, Springerville,AZ
· Coconino NF -- Supervisor’s Office, 1824 S. Thompson Street, Flagstaff, AZ
· North Kaibab Ranger District, 430 South Main, Fredonia, AZ
· Tonto NF—Supervisor’s Office, 2324 East McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ
· Tucson Fire Center, 2646 E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ
For information about VIPR, go to http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/vipr.php or contactAnne Weiskircher, Region 3 Fire Contracting Officer at email@example.com.