Regional fishery personnel will provide an overview of prior seasons, especially the 2013 season, review factors related to 2014 projected Chinook returns, and explain fishery constraints that Fish and Game operates within.
Also presented will be new information biologists are learning about the salmon fisheries in the Clearwater River Basin and what is being done to improve salmon returns. An update on the Little Salmon River angler access issue and what the Department is doing to improve access along the river will also be discussed.
Each meeting will be held beginning at 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Riggins: February 25, Salmon Rapids Lodge, 1010 S Main Street.
- Boise: Wednesday, February 26, Fish and Game's MK Nature Center auditorium, 600 S. Walnut Street.
- Lewiston: February 26, Idaho Fish and Game Office, 3316 16th Street.
- McCall: Thursday, February 27, McCall Fish and Game office, 555 Deinhard Lane.
- Orofino: February 27, IDFG Clearwater Hatchery, 118 Hatchery Roe Drive, located northwest of Ahsahka Bridge.
Those unable to attend a meeting can provide their comments by contacting regional fishery personnel at 799-5010 or send their information in writing to Fishing Rules, Idaho Department of Fish and Game, 3316 16th Street, Lewiston, ID, 83501, or e-mail Joe DuPont, Clearwater Region fisheries manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.