At the meeting—which will be held at Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Headquarters, 1420 E. 6th Ave.—the commission will make final decisions on:
- mountain lion hunting quotas;
- administrative rules for the Blackfoot River Recreation Corridor east of Missoula; and
- administrative rules to allow young anglers to participate in fishing contests for brook trout.
- 2015 deer, elk and antelope hunting quota adjustments;
- 2015 bison hunting quotas;
- bighorn sheep hunting licenses to facilitate the depopulation of the Tendoy Mountain herd near Lima contingent upon approval of an environmental assessment;
- guidelines for elk hunting "shoulder seasons"; and
- new rules for "apprentice hunter" certificates.
Commissioners will hear an update on Montana's water supply going into summer and on two information-only items where no action will be taken: (1) the status of the Tendoy Mountain bighorn sheep depopulation proposal, and (2) a statewide bison conservation and management environmental impact statement.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at:406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov, then click "Commission Links".