Saturday, December 13th
Prescott Fire Center
2400 Melville Road, Prescott, Arizona
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
The focus will be on how to find and apply for Forest Service jobs anywhere in the United States. Interested citizens can visit anytime during the workshop to receive guidance on the hiring process and learn about applying for Forest Service jobs through the USAJOBS website. Forest Service employees will be available to help lead individuals through the application process.
Anyone interested in a job (permanent or temporary) with the Forest Service, or other federal agencies, can check the USAJOBS website to see what vacancies are open. The Forest Service has implemented an application program for nationwide centralized recruitment notices. Applicants can apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/. The Southwestern Region is outreaching temporary jobs on their Centralized Temporary Hiring website. Some of the advantages applicants have when applying online are:
- Their application is made available for consideration immediately.
- Receive e-mail notification on the status of their application.
- Receive e-mail notification prior to their work registration update expiring.
- Ability to make changes to their personal information.
- Personal information can be applied automatically to each announcement.
- Electronic documents can be attached, i.e. transcripts, DD 214, etc.