Salmon River Ranger District –
The Sheep Fire, located seven miles north of Riggins, is presently 29,171 acres with 24% containment. A large area closure is in place for the fire. A minor amount of precipitation occurred overnight in the area but had no effect on the fire. Turman’s Northern Rockies Type 1 IMT is managing the fire.
For additional information on changing conditions please call one of the Sheep Fire Information Lines at 1-877-608-4027 or 1-877-599-7716.
For current information on the Sheep Fire please see the fact sheet at: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3240/
Red River Ranger District –
The McGuire Fire Complex is presently 32,260 acres, with 2% containment. Fire behavior is active, and the NE portion of the fire is seeing the most activity. Stage 3 Evacuation orders are in place for Mallard Creek Ranch, Cook Ranch, Dixie/Comstock and Orogrande residents. Stage 2 Evacuation orders remain in place for the Red River area. A Stage 1 Protection Alert remains in effect for the Elk City and Concord areas. The California Interagency IMT 5 is managing the fire.
Road closures are posted for the area. For current information please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3219/
The Porcupine Fire Complex is very active in the MacGruder Road Corridor between Granite Springs Campground and Observation Point. The public is cautioned that the MacGruder Road may be closed due to fire activity. Red River Ranger District and West Fork Ranger District offices are closed weekends. Please obey road closure signs posted at the west and east entry points for the MacGruder Road.
Powell Ranger District –
The Powell SBW Fire Complex is shown at 47,072 acres and 0% contained. The Rodney Weeks’ Type 3 (local) Team is managing the fire. Closures in the area remain in effect for public safety.
For current information on this complex of fires please see the fact sheet at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3226/
The Weasel Fire Complex, northwest (and north of Highway 12) of the Powell Ranger Station, is reporting 875 acres.
North Fork Ranger District –
· Skull Creek Fire – estimated at 653 acres. The Lost Ridge Trail 283 is closed from the junction of Skull Creek Road 252 to the junction of Trail 233; Trail 285 is closed.
· Isabella Complex Fire (Jug, Wash and Crimper Fires) – estimated total 324 acres – Isabella Creek Trail 95 is closed from the junction of Road 705 to the junction of Trail 399.
· Elisabeth Fire is estimated at 50 acres.
· One new fire reported – Bar Creek Fire – in point protection status
Lochsa Ranger District – no new fires were reported; the following information is for fires in the area:
· Andy Fire -- 5 acres
· Cliff Fire -- 40 acres with slow growth.
Moose Creek Ranger District – no new fires were reported; the following information is for fires in the area; some new growth is reported on the large fires in the area, but no new acreage numbers are available at this time:
· Ditch/Goat Fire – 11,306 acres.
· Square Rock Fire -- 3,872 acres
· Moose Ridge Fire -- 855 acres
· Vista Fire -- 5740 acres
· West Trout Fire – 1228 acres; Trail 421 remains closed at the East Moose area.
· Trout Peak Fire -- 225 acres
· Pettibone Fire – 11,285acres
· Three Links Fire -- 2,217 acres
· Ballinger Fire -- 27 acres
· Shasta Lake Fire -- 398 acres
· Bell Point Fire – 664 acres; managed by the Powell SBW Complex IMT.
For additional info on the Ditch, Vista and Pettibone fires, see http://inciweb.org/.
A summary of Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and current closures for the Clear/Nez Fire Zone can be found under Public Notices at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nezperce/alerts-notices.
For current Idaho Wildfire Smoke Information please visit:
All Clear/Nez Fire Zone Updates are posted under Recent News at: