These meetings are just the first step in the process of creating regulations that will be proposed to the Idaho Fish & Game Commission at a later date. According to Regional Fish Manager Dan Garren, "We're scoping ideas to provide more angling opportunity where biologically feasible".
Wildlife managers will discuss specific season ideas being considered for deer and elk in the Upper Snake Region. Sportsmen will also be able to offer comments on other big game species such as mountain lion, black bear, pronghorn antelope, and wolf.
Fishing Regulations - All meetings start at 6:30 pm
- Feb. 19, Driggs, Teton County Courthouse, 150 Courthouse Drive
- Feb. 23, Ashton, Community Center, 925 Main St
- Feb. 24, Idaho Falls, IDFG Regional Office, 4279 Commerce Circle
Big Game Regulations - All meetings start at 7:00 pm
- Feb. 23, Idaho Falls, IDFG Regional Office, 4279 Commerce Circle
- March 2, Rexburg, Madison Middle School, 575 West 7th South
Sportsmen can also discuss regulation ideas before meetings by calling the regional office at 208-525-7290. Updates to proposed regulations will be posted to IDFG website as they are developed.