The different applications will request Department funding through their Recreation Trails Program (RTP), Waterways Improvement Fund (WIF), Motorbike Recreation Account (MBR), Off-Road Motor Vehicle Fund (ORMV) and Recreation Vehicle Fund (RV). The funds would be used as follows:
· Install three trail bridges in the Idaho City area (MBR funds)
· Repair the Non-Motorized Bay House Trail near Graham on the Idaho City Ranger District (RTP funds)
· Improve approximately 45 miles of trail within 10 miles of Idaho City by brushing and better signage (ORMV funds)
· Enhance enforcement and signing on Idaho City Ranger District trails (ORMV funds)
· Improve over 100 miles of fire damaged trails in the Danskin Mountain OHV area (ORMV funds)
· Support reconstruction of the Elk Creek Boat Launch damaged in a 2013 flood event (WIF funds)
· Rebuild Tail Water and Evens Creek Campgrounds damaged in a 2013 flood event (RV funds)
All grant proposals would improve the visitor experience and mitigate public health and safety hazards. Implementation of all grants received would begin in late summer with the exception of the RV grant which would be implemented in fall 2014/Spring 2015.
Comments or requests for more information should be submitted to Megan Impson, Idaho City Ranger District at PO BOX 129, Idaho City, ID, 83631, or calling 208-392-3733.