Under a partial closure the following acts are prohibited:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire except within agency-provided fire grates at developed recreation sites, or within fully enclosed stoves with a ¼” spark arrester type screen, or within fully enclosed grills, or in stoves using pressurized liquid or gas.
- Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arrester properly installed and working, a chemical fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity by weight, and one round point shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches.
- Using a welder, either arc or gas, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame, except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter with a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity.
- Discharge or use of any fireworks.
- Discharge of a firearm using incendiary or tracer ammunition.
- Burn, ignite or cause to burn any tire, wire, magnesium, or any other hazardous or explosive material.
- Operate any off-road vehicle on public lands unless the vehicle is equipped with a properly installed spark arrester pursuant to 43 CFR 8343.1 (c).
According to Fire Management Officer Kirk Strom, “The recent hot weather has resulted in dry conditions on public lands. When hunting and recreating, please be careful with campfires, and report all wildfires immediately.”
For more information on BLM fire restrictions or conditions, contact your local BLM office or http://www.wy.blm.gov/wy_fire_restrictions/state_county.htm.