ELKO, Nev. – The California Trail Interpretive Center is presenting weekend programs throughout January. The family friendly programs are free and open to everyone.
The following programs begin at 2:00 p.m. and are 30-to-60 minutes in length:
- Jan. 3: Women’s New-Found Freedom
- Jan. 4: Finding the leaves of your Family Tree
- Jan. 10: Shoshone: A Walk Through Time
- Jan. 11: Bear Tracks on My Bed
- Jan. 17: Women’s New-Found Freedom
- Jan. 18: My Trip to California
- Jan. 24: Wagon Full of Hope
- Jan. 25: Nevada Skins and Skulls: Predators and Prey
- Jan. 29-31: Pioneer Poetry
For more information about the California Trail Interpretive Center call (775) 738-1849. Visit the Trail Center online at www.californiatrailcenter.org, or on Facebook, California Trail Interpretive Center Association.
The California Trail Interpretive Center is located eight miles west of Elko on I-80, Hunter exit 292. The Center is open Wednesday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.