August 23, 2015, 11:00 AM
Contact: 509-684-7260 509-684-7261 509-684-7263
or use specific fire information numbers in table on the back page.
Fire Information: http://inciweb.nwcg.gov
Restriction Information: http://firerestrictions.us/
This update is a region-wide summary of several active large wildfires in Northeast Washington. Information listed here is approximate and subject to change. For more detailed up-to-date information on specific fires, please call the fire information numbers listed in the table below.
Fire Danger Rating: EXTREME National Wildfire Preparedness Moves to Highest Level (PL 5)
Fires will start easily, spread rapidly, have a quick increase in intensity and can be very difficult to control.
Phase II fire restrictions are in effect. Campfires, charcoal grills and chainsaw use is prohibited.
Current Industrial Fire Precaution Level (Washington DNR) is at level 4 in all zones.
· Stevens County Emergency Operations Call Center: 509-684-7598
· Stevens County Emergency Management website at: http://www.co.stevens.wa.us/EMS%20-%20Stevens%20County%20Fire/Stevens_County_Fire_updates.htm
· Stevens County Community Sign Up for Alerts: https://secure.hyper-reach.com/comsignupw.jsp?id=41001
· Ferry County Emergency Operations Call Center: 509-775-3132
· Ferry County Sheriff’s Office/911 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferry-County-Sheriffs-Office-911/339957886082797?fref=ts
· Pend Oreille County Emergency Operations Call Center: 509-447-1980
· Okanagan County Emergency Operations Call Center: 509-422-7348
Red Cross Shelter Locations
· Brewster High School (503 S. 7th St. Brewster, WA)
· Grace Evangelical Free Church (851 S Miner, Colville)
· Columbia School (4961b Hunters Shop Rd, Hunters, WA)
· Republic Elementary School (30306 Hwy 20 E, Republic, WA)
Other Shelter Locations
· American Legion (1057 Highway 395 N, Kettle Falls, WA)
· Inchelium Community Health Center (39 Shortcut Road, Inchelium, Washington)
North Star Fire
Sunday, August 23, 2015, 4:00 PM
Republic Elementary School, 30306 East Hwy 20 Republic, WA 99166.
A community meeting will be held at the Orient school on Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7pm for the Kettle Complex Fire.
Summary table for active large fires in northeast Washington:
Current Size Acre
Marble Valley-Basin Rd West of 395
Pinkston Creek Road, North of Kettle Falls
Colville National Forest. North of Highway 20
20 miles west of Springdale (near Hwy 25, Spokane Indian Reservation), Stevens County
Kettle Crest between Curlew and Orient
6 miles west of Republic
Two miles west of Barstow
7-11 miles north of Omak
6 miles NW of Ione, Pend Oreille County
Colville National Forest north of Newport, Pend Oreille County
4 miles SE Sullivan Lake
3 east of Sullivan Lake
12 miles north of Nespelem, Colville Reservation, Okanogan County
* Okanogan Complex contains: Lime Belt, Blue Lake, Tunk Block, Beaver Lake, and Nine Mile