The four-part lecture series will highlight cultural and historical topics from around the region with leading area experts presenting on:
· Tuesday, April 9: Digital Documentation of CCC, Structures in the Ashland District, MT Presenter – Tim Urbaniak, City College of MSU Billings.
· Wednesday, April 10: The Anzick Site: Prehistory of the Shields River Valley, MT Presenter – Dr. Larry Lahren, Anthro Research.
· Thursday, April 11: A Good Deal! The Civilian Conservation Corps on the Custer National Forest. Presenter – Mike Bergstrom and Halcyon LaPoint, Custer N.F. Archeologists.
· Friday, April 12: Artifact Road Show from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Presenter – David K. Wade, Curator. Location: Billings Curation Center, BLM State Office, (5001 Southgate Drive, Billings, MT)
· Thursday, April 25: Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) on the Beartooth Ranger District, at 7:00 p.m., Carbon County Historical Society, Presenters – Halcyon LaPoint and Mike Bergstrom, Custer National Forest.
All noon lectures are at the Western Heritage Museum (2822 Montana Avenue). To learn more about the variety of events offered at cities across Montana, to view the online brochure or to find out more information, go to the events page of the Montana Archaeological Society at www.mtarchaeologicalsociety.org.