The following are the most frequently asked questions about boat registration:
- Where can I register my boat? You can register your boat at any Game and Fish regional office or the Cheyenne headquarters. You can renew your boat registration online at wgfd.wyo.gov.
- What do I do if I lost my registration renewal card? Simply go to or call any Game and Fish office. Registrations are computerized and office personnel can look up your info and provide you with renewal information at that time.
- Can I keep my boat number if I sell my boat? The boat number stays with your old boat. If you get a new boat, you will be issued a new number.
- Do I need to register my canoe or rubber raft? You do if it has a motor, either electric or internal combustion. No registration is required for watercraft without motors.
- What types of watercraft need the Aquatic Invasive Species decal? AIS stickers are required for almost all watercraft prior to launching on any water in Wyoming. The only exception is for inflatable watercraft 10 feet or less.
- How long does it take for registration through the mail? Generally, you should be receiving your new registration within 10 business days after it is received in the office.
Currently, registration of boats is in full swing. The Game and Fish processes around 25,000 boat registrations annually.