· The last mile of Forest Road 4860-140 from its end at Badger Lake and Badger Lake Campground will be closed
· Badger Lake Campground will remain closed due to its proximity to the fire perimeter
· The fire perimeter will remain closed
· Badger Creek Trail 479 will remain closed from its intersection with Divide Trail 458 west to Forest Road 4860. The remainder of Badger Creek trail will be open.
· Divide Trail 458 will remain closed west of the Badger Creek crossing.
The remainder of the closure area including Forest Roads 4860 and 3550 will re-open. Firefighters continue to patrol and monitor the fire which is located northwest of Badger Lake in the Badger Lake Wilderness. Smoke may be visible from within the fire’s perimeter until a season ending event removes all heat from the interior of the fire’s perimeter. Direct action will not be taken due to the steep terrain, limited road access and snags, which challenge firefighter safety.
The Badger Lake Fire began on Saturday, October 3, 2015. Due to dry and windy conditions, the fire quickly grew to 68 acres before rain slowed its progress. Final fire acreage has been reduced to 68 acres after closer field reconnaissance. The cause of the fire is under investigation, but it is likely that it was human caused.
The revised closure will remain in effect until a season ending event occurs. Please contact the Barlow Ranger Station for details or the website address below.
SPECIAL MESSAGES/CLOSURES: An area closure is in effect for the Badger Lake Fire. For more information on the closure go to the Mt. Hood NF Closure webpage.