Some of the District’s campgrounds remain open to the public free of charge including:
- Chisholm, Langohr, Battle Ridge, Greek and Moose Creek Flat Campgrounds until snow prevents access.
- Hood Creek Campground until November 5.
- Spire Rock Campground until Forest Road 132 closes on December 31, 2012.
- Spanish Creek Campground until Forest Road #982 closes on December 1, 2012.
- Swan Creek Campground until Forest Road 481 closes on December 1, 2012.
- Red Cliff Campground until September 24, 2012.
The Gallatin National Forest, outside of the Absaroka-Beartooth and Lee Metcalf Wilderness Areas remains in Stage I Fire Restrictions. Fires are allowed only in developed sites with Forest Service installed fire rings.
Finally, please remember that the Gallatin National Forest Food Storage Order remains in effect until December 1, 2012. Prior to heading out, please stop by any Gallatin National Forest office to pick up a motor vehicle use map. For more information please visit us online at www.fs.usda.gov/gallatin/.