Other public input opportunities are also available.
Plan now to attend and provide input that will help shape this fall's hunting seasons in Idaho's Southwest region. To learn more about the meetings, contact Fish and Game's McCall office at 634-8137 or Nampa office at 465-8465.
The 2013 big game hunt proposals will be posted when available for review and comment on the Fish and Game website. Comment letters and phone calls to Fish and Game regional offices are also welcome. The comment period ends March 8.
For those unable to attend an open house or comment via the website, other opportunities are available. Comment sheets will be available at the upcoming Sportsman's Show February 28 through March 3 at the Expo Idaho building in Garden City. Fish and Game staff will also be holding an online "web chat" session regarding southwest Idaho 2013 big game season proposals on March 5. Watch the Fish and Game website for more details regarding this event.
A complete list of statewide deer, elk, pronghorn, black bear and mountain lion hunt proposals will also be available at each upcoming open house, with Fish and Game staff available to discuss all proposals.
Plan to attend the open house in your area:
- Weiser - 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, Weiser High School Library690 W. Indianhead Road.
- McCall - 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 7, Fish and Game office, 555 Deinhard Lane.
Some proposal highlights include:
- Mule Deer - A proposal calls for reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in unit 39. A second proposal calls for reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in units 22, 31, 32, and 32A.
- Elk - A proposal calls for reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in unit 39, while a second proposal calls for increasing antlered hunting opportunity in unit 41.
- Pronghorn - A proposal calls for creating a controlled youth-only archery hunt in unit 39 with a maximum of five tags available.
- Wolves - A proposal calls for a wolf trapping season, on private land only, in unit 22.
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting Judy Wallace at the Fish and Game McCall office at 208-634-8137, Kim Cox at the Fish and Game Nampa office at 208-465-8465, or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-377-3529 (TDD).