Emergency Road, Trail and Campground Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following act is prohibited on the roads and trails as described in this order, all within the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest until further notice:
1. Being on a road described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.54(e)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residence of the Gattin Ranch properties.
ROAD CLOSURE DESCRIBED:
Forest Road #065 (Horse Creek Road) from the junction with #038 (Spring Creek Road) to its end (Gattin Ranch). This closure includes Horse Creek Campground.
The above-described trails are located within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Lemhi County, Idaho.
These closures are necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Mustang, Cayuse, Roan, Horse Butte, and Filly Fires.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this
3rd day of August, 2012
/S/ Frank V. Guzman
FRANK V. GUZMAN
Salmon-Challis National Forest
Order Number: 04-13-12-520