• THE SALMON RIVER ROAD IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME.
• EVACUATIONS ARE OCCURRING IN THE COLSON CREEK AREA.
• ALL RIVER TRAFFIC MUST STOP AT THE NORTH FORK RANGER STATION
FOR MORE INFORMATION.
• The Mustang Fire has reached the Colson Creek Guard Station. Firefighters are conducting
burnout operations to control the speed at which the Mustang Fire reaches the Salmon River.
• Incident Commander Marty Adell and Forest Supervisor Frank Guzman, along with Lemhi
County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman and Search and Rescue, met with residents in the Colson
Creek drainage on the evening of August 11, 2012. Evacuation notices were issued for those
living between Poverty Flats and Stoddard Trailhead. The evacuations do NOT include
• Structure protection, in the form of sprinkler systems, is in place in Colson Creek for Forest
Service administrative sites and private lands.
• Boaters should be prepared to launch from Cove Creek instead of Corn Creek for Main
Salmon River trips. Permits for this additional river use will be issued at the North Fork
• An evacuation center will be set up in Salmon for those who may be displaced by the
Mustang Complex. Contact the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office.