Aspen Valley Ranch Hunting Access
- East of Prineville near Post, Maury Unit
- 8,000 acres on a By-Permission reservation basis
- Open during hunting seasons from 2012-2016
- Hunt for archery deer and elk, rifle deer and elk, and cougar
- Also provides access to 480 acres of landlocked public land
In addition to the public hunting opportunities, a $296,949 grant from the USDA Farm Services Administration will help fund wildlife habitat improvements on the property including developing new water sources, treating invasive plants, constructing wildlife friendly fences, and cutting junipers to enhance native grasses and forbs.
Dixie Meadows Hunting Access
- East of Prineville in Ochoco Unit
- 7,000 acres on a By-Permission reservation basis
- Open during hunting seasons from 2012-2014
- Hunt for archery/rifle deer, bull elk and antlerless elk and rifle hunt for pronghorn and cougar
Wildlife habitat will also be improved on the property by removing juniper, restoring riparian and meadow habitats, developing new water sources, and re-surfacing roads that will accommodate hunter access. A $215,689 grant from the USDA Farm Services Administration is helping to fund the habitat improvement work.
For more information on lands enrolled in the A and H Program, contact (503) 947-6317 for a copy of the A and H Private Lands Hunting Opportunities Packet, which provides access details and contact information for both “Welcome to Hunt” and “By-Permission” properties.
The A and H Program funds projects that provide hunter access and/or improve wildlife habitat on private land in Oregon. The A and H Program is funded primarily by a $4 surcharge on hunting licenses, big game auction and raffle tag sales.
More information about the A and H Program can be found at www.dfw.state.or.us/lands/AH.