Emergency Trail Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following acts are prohibited on the area, roads, and/or trails described in this order, all within the Middle Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest until further notice:
1. Being on a trail described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.55(a)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
· Halstead Trail #021 from its beginning at the Beaver Creek Trailhead to its terminus at the Fall Creek Trail #020
· Roughneck Trail #022 from its junction with the Langer Lake-Roughneck Trail #014 to its terminus at the Halstead Trail #021
· Marsh Creek Trail #010 from its beginning at the Marsh Creek Trailhead to its terminus at the Middle Fork Trail #001
· Middle Fork Trail #001 from its beginning at the Marsh Creek Trail #010 to its junction with the Fall Creek Trail #020
NOTE: The Fall Creek Trail #020 is currently open to through-hikers from Seafoam area to the Middle Fork Trail #010.
The above-described area is within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the Middle Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Custer County, Idaho.
These closures are necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Halstead Fire.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Challis, Idaho this
28th day of July, 2012
/S/ James P. Tucker (for)
FRANK V. GUZMAN
Salmon-Challis National Forest
Order Number: 04-13-12-516