UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SALMON-CHALLIS NATIONAL FOREST
NORTH FORK RANGER DISTRICT
Emergency Area, Trail and Road Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following act is prohibited on the area, roads, and trails as described in this order, all within the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest until further notice:
1. Going into or being upon the fire area as described below and depicted on the attached map that is closed for the protection of public health or safety. 36 CFR 261.53(e)
2. Being on a trail described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.55(a)
3. Being on a road described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.54(e)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Beginning at the junction of the Salmon River Road #030 and the Spring Creek Road #038, traveling North the area West of the Spring Creek Road, to the junction with the Colson Creek Road #123, traveling West the area South and East of the Colson Creek Road #123, Traveling upstream, the area North of the Salmon River Road #030 to its point of beginning with the Spring Creek Road.
All trails and roads that are within and those that make up the boundaries to this area closure are closed due to the Mustang Complex fires.
NOTE: The Salmon River Road #030 and the Spring Creek Road#038 are not included in this area closure.
The above-described area is within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Lemhi County, Idaho.
These closures are necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Mustang Complex Fires.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this
6th day of August, 2012
/S/ Frank V. Guzman
FRANK V. GUZMAN
Salmon-Challis National Forest