Lewis and Idaho County Sherriff offices are asking residents in and around the town of Kamiah to be aware that erratic fire behavior is such that the need to evacuate your residence may be necessary without individual notification.
· You should prepare now by packing necessary items and preparing your family, pets and vehicle for departure.
· Now is the time to move persons with mobility and medical issues.
· Remember to pack important papers and medications.
· Red Cross has set up a shelter at Kooskia Elementary School located at 306 Pine Avenue in Kooskia. Please check in with them and let them know where you will be in case your family is looking for you.
· You are welcome to use your common sense to evacuate at any time you feel uncomfortable.