The Rapid Fire, estimated at 9,619 and 50 percent containment. It is burning south of Nick Peak and east of the Rapid Creek drainage, approximately 12 miles southeast of McCall. The fire showed very limited growth in the South Fork Buckhorn Creek yesterday due to support from aerial resources. Rehabilitation of the fireline on the south side of the fire is completed. Firefighters will continue working their way along the southeast side of the fire mopping up hotspots on the west side of Kennally Creek. The Rapid Fire is currently being managed by Stephens’ Nevada Type 3 Team. An area closure is in effect for the Rapid Fire (see Facebook or inciweb for map and Closure Order). Additional information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4522/)
The Campbell’s Fire is currently estimated at 7,821 acres. It is burning in Trout Creek, Moore Creek, Ruff Creek, and Fall Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Firefighters have provided protection for the bridge at Campbell’s Ferry as well as the Jim Moore place, and have installed pumps and hose lay around Lemhi Bar. Assessing and prepping China Bar and Gaines Bar has been completed. Structure protection is in place at Chamberlain and Stonebraker Ranch if it is needed. The Dillinger Fire is currently estimated at 6,948 acres. It is located 3 miles east of Dillinger Meadows in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. The fire includes the area around Bruin Mountain and Rocky Point and is burning in these drainages: Magpie, Dillinger, Bruin, Hot Springs. This fire has been burning in the Flossie Complex firescar from 2000. Structure protection at Arctic Lodge on the Main Salmon River is in place. Both fires have shown very little growth with the cool, wet weather. An area closure is in effect for the Campbell’s and Dillinger Fires (see Facebook or inciweb for map and Closure Order). Additional information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4521/)
Tepee Springs Fire information is available at (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4506/)
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect on the Payette National Forest. The following acts are prohibited: igniting, building, maintaining, attending or using a fire outside a fire structure that is provided by the Forest Service within a designated area, and smoking outside an enclosed vehicle or building. Fire restrictions and maps are posted to Facebook.
Status update by fire is provided below for each district. Fires that are declared out from previous updates are no longer listed.
Weiser Ranger District: None
Council Ranger District: None
New Meadows Ranger District:
- Tepee Springs: (est. 94,703 ac) Along the Salmon River corridor, the fire is three miles east of Riggins. On the eastern flank along the river, the fire is one mile east of French Creek. The head of the fire is well established in Allison Creek and has reached Little Slate Creek- 4 miles west of Florence. The head of the fire on the western flank is one mile east of Chair Mountain Lookout. Forest area closures are in effect. BLM has rescinded the closure of the lower Salmon River but the Salmon River Road remains closed due to continued firefighting activity and associated dangers due to falling and burning debris. This fire is being managed by a National Incident Management Team (Great Basin Team 2).
McCall Ranger District:
- Rapid: (9,617 ac) Located south of Nick Peak and east of the Rapid Creek drainage, approximately 12 miles southeast of McCall. Forest area closure in effect. This fire is being managed by Stephens Nevada Type 3 Team.
- Porphyry: (.10 ac) Located west of Porphyry Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Minimal activity. Fire is being monitored.
- Campbells Fire: (7,821 ac) Burning in Trout Creek, Moore Creek, Ruff Creek, and Fall Creek in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness near Campbell’s Ferry on the Salmon River. Forest area closure is in effect.
- Dillinger: (6,948 ac) Located 3 miles east of Dillinger Meadows in the Frank Church of No Return Wilderness. Forest area closure is in effect.
- Crescent Fire: (This fire was previously listed as Vines Fire) (10 ac) Located 6 miles east/northeast of Cabin Creek Guard Station in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. This fire is out. This is the last time this fire will appear on the update.
The Fire Information Hotline 208-634-0820 is updated with new information as it becomes available. Members of the public interested in receiving fire information updates from the Payette National Forest are asked to subscribe to GovDelivery. If you have specific question you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the Payette National Forest on Twitter at@Payette Forest, and on Facebook at U.S. Forest Service – Payette National Forest. To find out about other fires not listed here go to http://inciweb.nwcg.gov or http://idahofireinfo.blogspot.com.