This meeting will allow the public to share desires and concerns pertaining to the Sequoia National Forest’s OHV program prior to the preliminary grant application deadline of March 2, 2015. The Forest Service will incorporate feedback from the workshop into its 2015 grant application, enabling continued management of a sustainable program that benefits the users and protects resources.
2014/2015 Grant Cycle – Important Dates
· Monday, March 2, 2015: Preliminary applications are due
· Tuesday, March 3, 2015 to Monday, April 6, 2015: Public review and comment period
· Monday, May 4, 2015: Final applications are due
· May 2015: OHMVR Division review of final applications
· Monday, June 1, 2015: Application Results - Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division’s website http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/
· Tuesday, June 2, 2015 to Tuesday, July 2, 2015: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period
· Friday, July 3, 2015: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals
The Forest’s application will focus on maintaining off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, law enforcement, and education consistent with its 2009 Motorized Travel Management Record of Decision. The OHMVR and the Sequoia National Forest have maintained a successful partnership for over 26 years!